Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Final Word

John and I had our first official OBGYN appointment today. After a week full of cramping and abdominal pain, they sent me for an ultrasound just to check things out. We found out that we have 1 (and only 1) little baby growing up inside me. The baby measured smaller than we figured. Since ultrasounds this early in pregnancy are the most accurate in regards to dates, we've changed our dates. So instead of being a little over 8 weeks (by dates) we're officially 7 weeks 5 days (by measurements). I'm due August 29th. The midwife we saw today (who is a spitting image of Dr French) told me my uterus knows what its doing and thats why I'm already showing and I'm cramping. She made us feel really comfortable. John was the first to say he liked her, and he's a hard one to please. So we're taking it one day at a time and praying for a girl.

Noah's doing really well with speech. He really likes his therapist. She's noticed a huge increase in his language in one week. Now he's babbling all the time. Sometimes I just want him to stop talking but I know that he needs to keep it up. He'll be a cute little talker once we're all done with this.

On to other news....the house that we've had our eye on for over a year now has finally dropped to a great price. We're checking into all details and hoping to place an offer sometime in the near future. So many amazing changes are on the horizon for our family.

Here's hoping you're having a great week!!!
JRC and baby

1 comment:

  1. Yay, can't wait to read all of the updates! I'm thinking of you and hoping you won't be sick for much longer! Keep me posted on the house too ... very exciting year for the Crimellas!

    ReplyDelete