Monday, January 31, 2011

Jogging

St Pat's kicked off Catholic Schools Week with their annual Jog-A-Thon.  And let me tell you....it's come a long way since my St Pat's days.  We never had a DJ (that I can remember), we never got free popsicles afterwards (that I can remember) and I'm almost positive we did ours in the afternoon, not in the morning when its nice out.  But I digress.  Noah's participated in the Jog-A-Thon last year but its not the same as this year.  He was just an imposted PreK kid.  This year he is a true St Pat's student.  It was surreal for me to watch my own child do the same thing that I did growing up in school.  Here's a couple pics that I took as I manned the First Aid table (which later turned into the PreK babysitting table).....
So excited to start jogging
Noah and his 5th grade buddy
In the very front to start off the Jog-A-Thon
Action shot
Some of the teachers (and me) doing the Cupid Shuffle


Most of the school gets into the Cha Cha Slide
Me and a very tired Noah at the end (pic taken by a 4yr old)
All in all, a great time and a success.  Noah completed 19 laps and raised $70 for his (our) school!  I'm so proud of him!!!

~JRC~

*Next on my list of things to do.....figuring out Picasa, photo editing, and changing the blog around a little bit*

No comments:

Post a Comment