Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My first attempt at being crafty and homemade!

In my attempt to be more crafty this year, I stumbled across the easiest, quickest gift to make (and it came with the printable for the tags....for free!!!!) on one of my favorite blogs. I think it has become my "go-to" gift.  When I saw the posting, I instantly knew that I had to make it to send to Noah's teachers as a "welcome back to school" gift.  And from that moment on, it was all I could think about.  I even made John stop at Michaels on the way to the movies on NYE so I could get the jars.  I spent my morning mixing the sugar and soap and even busted out my scrapbooking case to make the tags.  It was so nice to actually open that case up and see all of my supplies: cardstock, punches, ribbons, etc.  I was obsessed with scrapbooking and still aspire to be obsessed but my life has gotten in the way.  This will change this year!!! 

I forgot to take pictures of the process until I was tying the tags on so I only have a finished product picture.  Next time, I'll be better.  I am so impressed with the way it turned out that I'm going to make a set for myself.  The scrub made my hands feel AMAZING!  Noah's teachers really enjoyed it too!


I love that you can see Noah through the ribbon

It's so pretty!!!  Thanks lizard & ladybug for the idea and tags!!!
I can't wait to find unique jars and make this scrub and modify it for the occasion!  I hope everyone's hands are ready!!!

~JRC~

No comments:

Post a Comment