Saturday, February 5, 2011

Run Girl Run

I've never claimed to be a runner.  Actually I don't really enjoy running at all.  However, a group of us decided it would be a good time to run a half marathon last year so we did.  We picked the Disney Princess Half Marathon and it was a blast.  I did not run the entire 13.1 miles but had a great time.  So I decided to do it again this year, but maybe run a little bit more.  I did a 5K in November and did ok but have not run an inch since then.  Today I decided to go out and run.  Walsingham Park has a 6 mile trail that I love to do (I usually just do 3 miles though).  Today I decided to see what I could do and I surprised myself.  I shaved 3 minutes off my 5K time and did 5 miles in 1:01:31.  I am beyond stoked!  I think I might be in good shape to have a drastically better finish time this year compared to last year!  So now its time to work a few runs into my schedule before the Half (which is in 3 weeks....scary).

~JRC~

No comments:

Post a Comment