Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sorry it's been so long but.....

Our flu shots did not work.  Yes, that's what I said.....we all have the flu despite the pain of this year's flu shot.  Noah started getting sick and the doctor said it was viral....aka wait it out with no medications.  I got sick and my doctor started a Z-Pack, which did not do anything.  Then Miss Em did what we call at work "broke." She had fevers up to 104.7, no cough, runny nose, wheezing, nothing.  We took her to Urgent Care hoping to find something.  She was cathed for a urine, which showed no UTI, and swabbed for flu at the last minute eventhough she had received the flu shot.  Well low and behold, she has Influenza A and thats probably what Noah and I have.  She got Tamiflu but fevers didn't get any better.  A few days later, she started with a wicked cough and runny nose and then PINK EYE.  How does this happen?  I brought her to the doctor yesterday and she not only has bacterial infections of BOTH her eyes (her left eye was the only one looking bad), she has ear infections in both ears.  I can't believe it.  She just can't catch a break.  So antibiotics and eye drops ordered for that.  Then this morning, I feel like I'm dying.  I listened to my lungs to see if I was still sounding good (I am) and listened to Em just for fun.  Guess what.....wheezing.  Great, just another thing to add to our list of problems.  So I have another call out to the MD to see what to do about this wheezing (and the other things that have popped up in the last 24 hours).

Hopefully we'll catch a break and get something figured out and, as a family, move toward being healthy again. 

From my death bed,
~JRC~

1 comment:

  1. im sorry you got sick! my hubs and i both had the flu over the week of christmas. it was horrible! i hope youre feeling better now. just found your blog today :)

    come and visit me at thestyleprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete