Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hot Damn!!!

Ok, I'm almost recovered....aka not really but I'm ready to post about my amazing weekend!!!  Let me first back track and fill you in on my past.  I did not have the typical sorority experience.  I joined Chi Omega as a junior.  I did not go through formal recruitment.  I was talked out of it the 2 years prior by my friends.  I lucked out and was friends with a bunch of the sisters and knew in my heart that Chi Omega is where I belonged.  I joined the night of Bid Day and I can remember every detail about that day.  My favorite friend asked me to come with her to the Bid Day festivities.  My future Big Sister asked for all my information.  My friend Connie officially handed me my pledge card. From that moment on, my life was forever changed.  Now many people say that sororities are for people who can't find friends or that you buy your friends.  Yes it does cost money but it definitely does not mean you bought your friends.  Chi Omega opened so many doors for me and helped me realize who the woman was that I was supposed to be.  8 years later, Chi Omega means just as much.  My relationships didn't turn out the way I'd envisioned.  I'm friends with sisters that I wasn't too close to during my collegiate years and sisters that I was very close to during that time, I'm not as close with.  But all of that is ok.  Things have played out the way they were meant to be I guess.  But that has never changed the way I feel about Chi Omega and the sisterhood that I'm a part of.

History lesson complete........Now on to the weekend!!!

One of my sisters decided to get the girls back together.  We all gathered together, caught up over yummy food and drinks, remembered the good (and bad) times, and created new memories together.  It was so nice to be able to pick up right where we left off.  You wouldn't have known that 8 years had passed since I saw some of those women.  We all fell into stride like the years hadn't gone by.  What it also did was rekindle my love of Chi Omega.  Being surrounded by these women reminded me of why I am a Chi Omega. It was exactly what my life has been missing.  I am so thankful to have had the time with my sisters and can't wait for our next adventure!!!

And what kind of post would this be if I didn't have a picture overload?!?  Just a few of my favorite moments caught on film!
Elise and I....lived together as silly freshman and have been sisters ever since

Chi O Mommies

My Rosie...she was one of the first people I met when I set foot on the USF campus. She was my RA, my coworker, and more than anything, she's my sister!
Just some of my sisters!!!

Me and Lizzie...we lived together too (I'm seeing a theme).  I just love this girl!

Higgs and Trow Show!!!  Danielle was the most amazing host and the mastermind behind the best sleepover ever!!!
I treasure every memory I have of my time as an active but I'm looking forward to really finding myself as an Alumna.  I can't wait for more opportunities to be surrounded by my sisters!!!
    Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You won my giveaway! I e-mailed you at the address on your blog, but didn't get a response. I had to send it to the company, so I hope that's the right one! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete