Saturday, July 16, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

I just adore baseball.  I don't know if I've shared this before but I live for baseball season.  I don't really know when it started.  Opening Day is one of my favorite days of the year.  Knowing that there will be homeruns, strike outs, and boys in baseball pants on my TV every night makes my day!  (yes I'm a sucker for a man in uniform...military or baseball...doesn't matter to me either way). I even impressed the Hubs (and his dad) when we first met because I could hold my own in their baseball talk and I can read a box score.  It's one of his favorite things about me!

We are fortunate enough to have a team right here in our own backyard.  I was lucky enough to go the the second game ever...the first win in Rays history (but I wasn't lucky enough to go to the inagural game...the Hubs was though).  The Hubs and I love the Rays!  We even loved them when they were the Devil Rays and when they were HORRIBLE.  Yes, we watched them every night and got frustrated every night.  But then came the uniform change and it sparked a whole new life into the team.  We started to win, made it to the playoffs and eventually made it to the World Series.  And every year, we're actually contenders in the American League East.  Who would have thought?!!?

Last night, I was lucky enough to go to the game with my boss.  She's got season tix and took me.  It was a great time and a great game...minus it being a LONG game. Plus we beat the Red Sox!  It's always a great feeling beating them!  Just being in the Trop reminded me of how much I love baseball and being there in the stands.  There's nothing like it. My new bucket list items are to go to every MLB stadium for a game and to be able to have season tix to the Rays and actually go to every game.  Yes, I want to spend  my retirement days in a stadium, cheering for the team! 

Here is photo overload from our days at the Trop:
Opening Day 2008

American League Division Series Game 1...John's sporting the RayHawk

American League Championship Series Game 1

World Series 2008 Game 1...Can't believe we were there!!!!

The American League Champion trophy

Opening Day 2009 with Nicole (and I'm not fat...I'm preggers with Emmy)

Opening Day 2010

I finally got a pic with Raymond!!!

Random game in 2010


Noah's first Rays game

My future slugger

He was a serious fan and took his cowbell seriously

It was a great game!!!
American League Division Series 2010 Game 2

Rays game with Tori and Nicole 2011
I just can't get enough!!! 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I was a huge Braves fan until I met my husband, who is the biggest EVER sports fan. I watch as little sports as possible now :)

    Hubs LOVES the Rays, though!

    ReplyDelete