Thursday, August 4, 2011

Excited is an understatement

It's finally here.  Our trip that we've been planning since March has snuck up on us and is staring us in the face!  I am beyond excited for this trip (as I'm sure you have been able to tell).  I'm excited to finally be in NYC, a city I always imagined myself living in one day.  I'm excited to be able to experience it with the Hubs.  There aren't too many places that he's never been to so I'm excited that we'll get to share the experience together.  I'm super excited to see RENT!!!  I can't begin to describe how excited I am for that.  I know there will be tears (happy ones). 

All this excitement comes with a But......

I've never been away from the kiddos for this long.  4 nights and 5 full days away from the most important people in my life (the Hubs obviously is important too).  I think it's going to be harder on me than it will be on them.  Noah's excited to hang out with Grandma and PaPa, then Nonno and Nonna.  I don't know if he'll even miss us.  Emmy will probably end up missing me (or at least I hope).  She's the ultimate Momma's girl so I'm praying it won't be too hard on her or our parents.  I hope I don't drive myself nuts over being away from them.  I'm going to worry.  I'm going to be sad.  I'm going to be checking in all the time.  But most of all, I'm going to miss not tucking the kiddos into bed each night. 

I know I'll be able to do this and I know that the kids will be just fine.  It's just weird to think that Noah's almost 5 and I haven't been away from him for more than 2 nights in his entire life.  Same with Emmy in her short 2 years.  I'm going to miss seeing these faces:



With all of that said......

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You will have a great time! I know you'll miss your kids, but you deserve some couple time :)

    ReplyDelete