Saturday, August 20, 2011

The last year of my Twenties

Yesterday was my 29th birthday.  I had to work :(  Normally I don't work on my birthday...isn't it a national holiday?!?  Ok back to reality, it's just any other day.  I wasn't able to take the day off so I complained about working all week but decided Thursday that I wasn't going to complain at all on my birthday about working.  And I'm glad I didn't.  It turned out to be one of my favorite birthdays ever! 

The day started with a pink feathery tiara, courtesy of my coworkers.  I got a birthday message on the assignment board that got more and more decorated as the day went on.  I had mentioned my birthday to one of my patients about a month ago and they remembered (which doesn't surprise me at all).  I was greeted with a birthday song, a dozen yellow roses, and a bag of Hershey Kisses. Super sweet of them.  Then another patient, who last week was finally starting to warm up to us (I took advantage last week to learn everything about her because it was the first time she spoke to us), went out birthday shopping for me.  She picked out everything (she's 4 keep in mind).  She thought I needed to be a birthday princess so she got me a tiara too, which of course replaced the tiara my coworkers gave me.  She also got me some candy, nail polish, a notebook, fun pens, a Little Mermaid figure (she's my favorite), and a picture frame (which I told her would hold a picture of me and her).  She also colored me a picture which I instantly hung on my desk cabinet.  I don't know how I got so lucky!!!

Then we went to dinner at Red Lobster because Noah said that's where he wanted to go.  It was a nice, chaotic dinner, like every dinner with my kids.  But I wouldn't have traded it for the world. 

Today we have Emmy's birthday party so I'm gearing up to be immersed in all things Little Mermaid (this year's theme), Disney Princesses, and dress up.

Here's to my last year of my twenties!  I'm going to make sure this is my best year yet!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment