Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The one about Halloween



Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge

Day 3 of Amber and Neely's blog challenge is all about Halloween (What do you do for Halloween/a Halloween memory).  Halloween is a holiday I honestly could live without (although it is the Hubs's favorite holiday ever).  And before you ask, no, I'm not one of those people who never dressed up or went Trick or Treating.  I just don't get that into it.  I think it's great to dress up my kiddos though!

So what do I do for Halloween?

Growing up, we lived on an orange grove.  We didn't have any neighbors (which I always wanted) so there were no houses to walk to.  My parents used to dress us up, throw us in the car, and they'd drive us to our grandparents, aunt/uncles, and friends houses.  I didn't know until I was in about 4th grade that not everyone Trick or Treated like we did.  Once this realization occured, we started going out in my bff's neighborhood (and made a KILLING!)  Now we live in a neighborhood and wouldn't you know....there's no kids on our street so no one celebrates.  Our next door neighbor brings some stuff over for the kids and then they go out to dinner.  We had more trick or treaters show up at our apartment than we do in our neighborhood.  So we head over to my parents and hit up their neighborhood....think block parties, people sitting in their driveways waiting for kids, the works!

Now I look forward to Noah's school Halloween party/parade.  All the younger kids (PreK-2nd or 3rd grade) all dress up and go on a parade around the school.  The 4th-8th graders all line up and hand out candy.  It's really cute and we've made out like bandits on the candy front for years (my mom works at the school so Noah's been going almost every year he's been alive).  I can't wait for this years party!!!

Man....I'm kinda boring now that I think about it.  I hope everyone else has more fun Halloween memories/plans!!!

    Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Halloween isn't my favorite, either! I much prefer the season of fall than doing Halloween decorations!

    ReplyDelete