Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's OK

Today has been such a great day!  My clinic was so much smoother than I expected.  I got out of work 1.5 hours earlier than I thought I would.  I got to see some of my favorite patients.  And I got to spend the evening with my family.  What could be better than that?!?!  Well sleeping for 3 days straight might be a little better but that's never going to happen ;)

This whole daylight savings time stuff is really messing with me.  I do NOT enjoy waking up and it being bright as day out and I definitely DO NOT like driving home in the dark.  I enjoy walking out of clinic and it still be light out.  Now I feel like I'm running late all the time and that I'm staying at work too long since it's dark out.  I will say though, I'm feeling better every morning.  I'm not as tired.  I don't know if it has to do with the fact that I'm out in the sunshine so early in the morning or if it's because I'm just crazy and have tricked myself into thinking I'm feeling better.  Either way, I'm functioning a lot better on less sleep now that its bright out.  We'll see how long this lasts.

It's Thursday so it's time for "It's OK" Thursdays with Amber and Neely.

Its Ok Thursdays

It's OK.....
~to be craving a Peppermint Mocha (all day, every day).  I'm counting down the minutes until I hit up my Starbucks in the AM and they hand me happiness in a red cup
~to have entertained the idea of staying home from work today just so I could attend the grand opening of H&M at International Plaza.  I went to work like a good girl but really wish I was at the mall
~to tell my kids that it's not "awake time" unless the sun is completely up and shining (read: Mommy gets a few extra minutes of sleep).  This is where daylight savings time is screwing me over
~to be taking advantage of every free print code I can find for pictures
~to be in dire need for holiday scrub tops
~to be lusting over these beauties.  I think my feet/legs would look stellar in these boots!
~to be a grown adult and be just as excited for the newest Twilight movie as any other crazy, obsessed adolescent girl
~to be very worried about my grandmother.  She fell and broke her shoulder (like it's not really attached or something)

About my grandmother...She has horrible cardiac health and her kidneys don't function at 100%.  She should have had open heart surgery a few months ago but she decided not to the day before surgery.  She is a horrible surgical candidate but needs to have a shoulder replacement just to improve the quality of her life.  She's in a terrible amount of pain and is on tons of pain medications.  My grandpa is going nuts over her condition and being in the hospital (he just had a hip replacement after falling and isn't doing well either).  She (and my grandpa, Mom, aunt, and uncle) have to come to some decisions about her plan of care tomorrow. Any prayers you can spare for my grandma, our family, and the physicians/nurses involved in her care, would be greatly appreciated.  It's been a very rough few months for my family.  We've already lost my grandpa. I can't imagine going through that experience again with my other grandparents.  

Hope everyone has a great Veteran's Day Friday!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your grandmother - I have already sent prayers up! Hoping everything went well today!

    Also, yay for your good day! I got a peppermint mocha the other day, but it just seemed too sweet? Maybe because I usually get my drinks in the skinny version and I splurged on the real deal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your grandmother - I'll keep her in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete