Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bling Bling

I am so jumping on this bandwagon!!!  CMae is hosting a fun link up!  We're showing off our bling and it's so appropriate since the Hubs and I's 6th Anniversary is on Saturday!!!

The Hubs gave this pretty little thing to me on December 16, 2004 (after the worst proposal on the face of the planet).  It's exactly what I always wanted but nothing like I wanted at the same time.  But one day, my mom and I were out shopping and went looking for rings.  I saw it and fell in love.  Called the Hubs to tell him about it and we were looking at it the next day (so he would know exactly what to buy).  He was totally down with that plan since it took the stress off of him and I was cool with it because I loved it!  Sometimes I wonder what the Hubs would have picked out if he had made the decision all on his own.  I'm sure he would have done a great job but I LOVE my ring!!!

About the ring
It's not huge at all.  I think it's maybe 1/2 carat total, if that.  I have fairly small hands and pretty skinny fingers (the only thing skinny on me) so I didn't want anything too overpowering.  I think this one is the perfect size for me (although I'm not against an upgrade!!!)

This was pretty hard writing this post tonight.  Me and the vegetable peeler had a little fight and the peeler won.  My poor finger tip is missing part of the top.  I'm sure I'll update more tomorrow on my finger status.  I'm hoping it holds up for work tomorrow.

 Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. What a ring! Thank you so much for taking the time to participate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ring is so pretty :) I'm glad someone has skinny fingers. I've got some porkers :) ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Definitely not fun typing missing a tip! Hope you feel better! Very pretty & unique ring =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It suits your hand perfectly :) I love how different it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was the exact same ring I chose when I got engaged. We picked it out together but he still proposed. I love that ring and miss it. On our one year anniversary he surprised me with a new one. It's perfect for us small handed girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely ring! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ring. I don't even have a ring anymore =(. It was stolen and it just hasn't seemed important to replace it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute, I love it :) happy I found your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete