Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Belated Birthday Party

We took Noah up to Disney this weekend for his "birthday" party.  He originally wanted to have a class party (and I had finally mustered up the courage to have 16 3-5 yr olds in one place but something made him abandon that idea (thank God).  He decided he wanted to have lunch with Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  {If you have a preschooler, I'm sure you've heard of Jake.  If not, he's from a cartoon on Disney Jr and he's the leader of a group of pirates in Neverland who have great adventures and try to teach Captain Hook and Smee some good life lessons}  So we (I) jumped headfirst and started planning.  We got a table for 14 and grabbed the entire family for a great lunch.

We started the day at Hollywood Studios.  Noah's now tall enough to ride most of the height restricted rides so he went on Star Tours first.  Let me tell you.....he was so excited to ride the Star Wars ride.  He ended up riding it 3 times that day!  By the time lunch rolled around, Noah was in the WORST mood ever.  He didn't want to eat, he didn't want to go to lunch, he didn't want to meet the characters.  I wanted to kill him. We made all of our family come up, spend a good $30/person on lunch {granted it was an awesome buffet} for him to act like this....not way sir.   Once Jake strolled out, he was grinning from ear to ear.  Jake signed his book, he took a picture with him, and he even went up and danced with Jake!  It ended up being a better lunch that I thought it would be.  The food was awesome too, FYI!  I might have eaten as much as I felt like and didn't really count my points.  Hopefully I don't gain tonight at my weigh in!  The rest of the day was spent over at Epcot.  On Sunday we headed to Magic Kingdom for a couple of hours.  Having our annual passes makes it so convenient for us and so nice because we don't feel pressured into trying to cram so much into one day.  We can go for a couple of hours and not feel like we wasted our money.  All in all, it was a great day!!!
Noah and Jake!!!
Now I have to be watching like a hawk since Em walked out of her play castle, diaper in hand, naked as the day she was born.  She said she does not want her diaper, she wants her Mermaid diapers (aka Little Mermaid panties) We'll see how long this lasts.......
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA that's how my mom potty-trained me. I wanted to wear my big girl underwear because they were pretty and my mom was all, "you can only wear them if you promise to peepee in the potty" and I was apparently all like "I promise, mommy, i promise" and from that day forward, I did hahaha.

    Your Noah looks so adorable with Jake! So funny how moods can change so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time, I have never heard of this Jake character is he from a cartoon show I'm guessing? lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a cutie! I'm glad you all had fun for his birthday!

    ReplyDelete