Saturday, March 31, 2012

Learning to Be Friends Again

Sometimes I struggle with what to share on the blog.  I don't want to be fake but I also don't want to put out every intimate detail of my life out on the internet. But I feel like now is the time to share what's been going on lately.

I mentioned before that my life is kinda upside down right now.  Only a handful of people really know what that means.  But long story short, the Hubs and I have hit a rough patch.  Without going into detail, let's just say we're taking the time to really work on us.  As the Hubs put it, we have to learn to be friends again.

I've said it before...the Hubs is anything but romantic.  If you look up romantic in the dictionary, the Hubs is the opposite of the definition.  It's just not him.  I'm ok with that, however, every girl wants a little romance in their life.  Well the Hubs outdid himself.  He planned an entire date night that was simply amazing.  Just what the 2 of us needed.

I pulled into the driveway to find a bouquet of flowers tucked in our front door.  I came in and found flowers on our kitchen counter, on our entertainment center, on our dining room table, even in our bathroom.  The Hubs was hiding, just watching me find the flowers.
all my beautiful flowers put in vases
Then we were off to dinner.  We're so fortunate to live so close to the beach (like 10 minutes).  We headed down to Bubba Gumps (a restaurant close to our hearts...our first dinner there was on our honeymoon in Breckenridge) and had a waterfront seat.  We enjoyed our food, the views, and Coronaritas!!! {sorry for the horrible pics that follow....the Hubs's phone isn't as good as mine I guess}
very blurry picture from the Hubs's phone (I feel kinda skinny in it!)
Our Coronaritas!!!!
After dinner, we headed to fro yo (the Hubs was clearly making this night all about me!!!!)
Yogurtland is by far my fav (with Yogurtology a close second of course)
We always had plans to see Hunger Games last night but we opted to see it at our local theater instead of driving to St Pete to see it.  Plus that theater is right next to Yogurtland so it was perfect.  We bought our tickets and killed some time at Target.  {side note....I'm turning into such a girl.  I'm not one to wear makeup...like ever...but I've been trying to look cute on a daily basis now.  My Target purchases included a Transformer (for a patient), 3 nail polishes, a new eyeshadow, and makeup remover.  Who am I?} Then we were off to the movie.  The movie was awesome!  I don't want to go too much into a movie review but I was very pleased with it.  And it definitely made me want to read the second book even more.

I'm so thankful that the Hubs went out of his way to make this an amazing night for the both of us.  It meant the world to me that he tried to make it the best first date ever.  And you know what, it truly was.  It was actually better than our real first date.

Hubs.....sorry I blurted out some of our issues over the internet but I wanted everyone to know how amazing our night was.  I love you so much!!!  Here's to learning to be friends again!!!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a wonderful, well-deserved night! Marriage is certainly NOT easy and it sounds like you are making it work for you:) Here for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marriage is work, constant work! I'm just glad you two are dedicated enough to work on it. Sounds like a wonderful night for the two of you. Thanks for sharing!
    Sending love & prayers your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I've only been married (almost!) a year now but I can relate to this. I think anyone married can and I think you're so right, sometimes you have to be friends again. I love that your hubby made a special date night for you two! So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, I think everyone goes through a rough patch in their marriage and it just makes your marriage stronger in the long run :-) So glad he put so much effort into your date night and love all the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So happy you got flowers and fro yo and Hunger Games and Target and DATE NIGHT! Weeeee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so happy to get text updates about this. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, he did so good!!! Marriage is tough work sometimes, but taking the time to rediscover what lit the fire in the first place, the love and friendship, makes everything worthwhile. I'm so glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you guys have been going through a rough time, but it's great to see you making such an effort to get back to a great place! What a wonderful date night your hubby planned! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete