Monday, June 18, 2012

I've been trying to write this since Wednesday

I've been trying to write this post since Wednesday but every time I start, I just can't finish.  On Tuesday, at 10:30pm, we lost my Grandpa.  We've been expecting it but no matter how much you prepare yourself, getting that phone call saying he's not with us any longer is something you're never prepared for.  So as we celebrate Father's Day, I can't help but be a little sad since I now have no Grandpas left and my parents each have to go through their first Father's Day without their dads.

I can't help but feel a little bit empty today without my Grandpa.  But I know that he's free from pain and illness and hanging out with my other Grandpa up in Heaven.  And I know he's looking down on me and my family.
My Grandma and Grandpa at my wedding
My parents and my grandparents at my wedding
Me and my grandparents at my Nursing Pinning ceremony
My favorite picture of my Grandpa
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'm am so sorry. I will be praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss Jessica. I'll be thinking about you and your whole family. I remember losing my Grandpa, and I know it's so incredibly hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. Even when you know it's coming, it's never an easy thing. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete