Friday, July 20, 2012

A little re-evaluation

I will be the first to say that I'm a huge procrastinator.  I've been one ever since I can remember.  For some strange reason I thrive under stress.  But my procrastination also makes me very a little lazy from time to time.  This is no exception to that.  So as I start my life as a 30-something, I want to start things on the right foot.  So here goes....


Relationships: I think this is an area that everyone can improve on.  But I want to be an example to my kids of how to be the best person, friend, Christian, family member that one can be.  I want to have strong bonds with the people I love and that requires hard work and dedication.  I am so guilty of letting life get the best of me and distracting me from the things that matter.  I'm determined to focus on strengthening the relationships that I have right now.  I want to let go of the pasts that are preventing me from moving on.  I'm ready to repair relationships that are wounded. I want to allow the amazing relationships I have to flourish.


Weight loss: this is a big department to touch on.  I was doing so well on program then I was lame and fell off the wagon.  I'm excited to say that I haven't ballooned back up but I also haven't lost any weight in like 2 months.  I haven't even weighed in for some time now.  But I'm getting myself mentally prepared for going back on program.  I have to be in the right frame of mind for it to work.  I've gotten comfortable with the 15-20lbs that I've lost already and I need to start feeling uncomfortable again so I will be 100% committed.  I'm sure that sounds ridiculous but it's true.

Exercise: I have a love/hate relationship with it.  I love the way I feel after I work out but I absolutely dread doing it.  I played competitive volleyball for years.  I was working out all the time and it never seemed like a chore.  I don't know when I started feeling like it was a bad thing (oh wait....that started at the same time I gained a ton of weight....ironic).  But I'm now ready to fully commit to adding exercise into my daily life.  The Hubs was amazing and bought me an elliptical about 6 months ago and we've barely used it.  I'm embarrassed to even write that. But now I've turned it into something fun. Granted its all new this week but I've been trying to get at least 30 minutes in every day (minus Tuesday due to the wicked migraine that attacked me).  But the best part is that Emmy wants to hang out with me while I do it.  I plug my iPod into the elliptical and play my music through the machine so Em can dance.  Monday night she even asked me if I would exercise so she could dance.  How can you say no to that?!?!  I might have found the motivation I need in the form of a soon to be 3 year old.

I'm ready to better my life, to make it as rich as it can possibly be.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! I definitely feel you on the weight loss. I worked so hard last year to lose it and it's all crept back on (at least you've kept it off!). It's a battle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally blogged about this (weight) a while ago and completely agree you have to be mentally prepared. Everyone just thinks its simple: Eat healthy and exercise but there is a whole other mental aspect that a lot of people don't understand! You will do great, and congrats on the loss so far!

    www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

    ReplyDelete