Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's Ok to be 30!!!

I'm totally putting a birthday spin on today's It's OK.  Today marks the beginning of the last month of my Twenties.  In one month from now I'll be turning the big Three Oh.  Most people have an issue with turning 30 but I've never really dreaded it (does that make me weird?) Here's why I think It's OK to be 30!



Its Ok Thursdays

It's OK to be 30.....
~because I have accomplished so much before this big day.  I'm married.  I have 2 kids (and I'm done having kids).  I have an amazing career.  We own a home.  I own my car (well one of them anyways).  That's a lot of HUGE accomplishments before turning 30
~because age is just a number.  It doesn't define who you are as a person
~because that means I get to be crazy whenever I want and blame it on a mid-life crisis ;)
~because even though I'm turning 30, most of my friends are still older than me!!!
~because I don't feel like I'm 30!  I still think I'm fun, cool, and I definitely don't feel old at all
~because it's like being a fine wine....aged to perfection!!!
And for the most important reason.....
 ~because I love my life and wouldn't change a bit of it!!!!


Bring on a new decade!  The past 10 years have been amazing ones!  I can only imagine things getting better!!  I'm truly looking forward to what the Lord has planned for me and what the world has in store for me.
 Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Awesome spin on It's okay Thursday! I get to turn 30 next year and I'm one of those folks who's a little nervous about it. Thanks for pointing out some of the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful accomplishments! And what a fun spin. Happy day :)

    Elise @ jerseyflowerse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this :) That is a fantastic list of accomplishments all before 30...awesome :) Love your positive take on what so many people make out to be something so not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love the accomplishment list - that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post girl, I'm turning 30 next year and pretty excited as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a lot to be proud of! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great accomplishments!

    Sara @ mommysummers.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are all great. Totally agree with you on all of them.
    I will turn 31 in 5 days, I have to say the first year of my 30's has been awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! You certainly have accomplished quite a bit! I am 32, and I feel the same way about my 30's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am 34 and have loved every minute of my 30's! I feel more secure with myself and more settled in my life. Embrace it!!
    Shanna
    Giveaway @ Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh girl I loooove this! What a great last decade you have had :)

    stop by and say hi sometime!
    www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's definitely good to be 30! Welcome to the club. :) You've accomplished a lot before the age of 30 and you have so much more to look forward to! While I admit to having a total meltdown on my 30th birthday (it was ugly), ever since then, things have been amazing! I know what I want out of life now and I feel more comfortable in my own skin. It's definitely been the best time of my life, and I know you'll feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete