Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Princess!!!

August 13, 2009 7:43 AM.  The time my worst nightmare ended.
August 13, 2009 7:43 AM.  The minute our princess took her first breath.
August 13, 2009 7:43 AM.  The minute I was able to make my first sigh of relief in over 9 weeks.
August 13, 2009 7:43 AM.  The start of the happiest day of my life.

It's only fitting that this post appears at 7:43AM, 3 years after our sweet girl was born.  While I have many happy days in my life, no moment is bigger than the moment Emily was born.  Yes, it's even bigger than my wedding.  (Don't worry, the Hubs feels the same way too).  Waking up every morning for 9 weeks wondering if today would be the day your baby would come into the world, whether she was ready or not, starts to wear on one's soul.  I've never been so scared and so helpless in all my life.  But after everything we went through to keep our baby safe, we were blessed with a perfectly healthy little girl.  Our prayers were answered.  Our precious little girl was finally safe in our arms.

Three years later, we're blessed with such a spunky kid.  Em is a spitfire.  A daredevil by nature.  Truly a "take the bull by the horns" type of girl.  She's sassy and sweet.  Crazy and wild.  Loving and amazing.  My world is complete because of her.  To say that I adore her is an understatement.

Happy 3rd Birthday to the most amazing little girl I will ever know! From the moment I laid eyes on you at my first ultrasound, I knew you were what was missing in my life. I will never begin to be able to put into words how emotional your birth was.  I was almost in disbelief when they said you were perfect.  But they were right.  You were absolutely perfect then and you are absolutely perfect now.  You were our little princess from day 1 and you'll be our perfect little princess forever.  Thank you for completing our family, completing my heart. I love you more than I will ever be able to express!

Our princess the day she was born

Happy 1st Birthday!!!

On her 2nd birthday
3rd Birthday Princess

Happy Birthday Princess! Mommy loves you!!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. this is so cute! Sydney turns 3 next month and I am so happy but sad at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetheart! Happy birthday, Em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! What a cutie! Hope she had a great day!

    ReplyDelete