Thursday, February 7, 2013

I'm an IronGirl



10th Annual Athleta Iron Girl Clearwater ½ Marathon and 5K

Iron Girl’s Mission is to Empower Women Toward a Healthy Lifestyle!


I am so excited to be participating in the Iron Girl Event Series again this year.  I wasn't able to run in it last year but I did the year before and had a great time!  It was actually my friend's first race and I was thrilled to support and encourage her to reaching her goal of running the entire thing without stopping!    She totally rocked it and I couldn't have been prouder to be a part of the day for her.
Jess and I with some of our Chi O sisters
Check out the awesome gear!
That's what Iron Girl is all about.  The mission of Iron Girl is to empower women toward a healthy lifestyle.  I'm excited for this event because it's just another reminder of the decision I'm making towards a better lifestyle for me and my family.  I've said time and time again that I want to be a good role model for my kiddos and what better way to do so than to make exercise a part of my life.  I've been fortunate to find amazing women in the Tampa area through blogging who are just as excited about fitness and running (well probably a lot more excited than me).  The Tampa Bay Bloggers have teamed up with Iron Girl this year.  In the spirit of Iron Girl, it's important to empower, encourage, and support women of all athletic abilities.  The women of the Tampa Bay Bloggers share that belief.  We're excited to share our journey with all of our readers.  (Want to follow all the TBB runners?  Check out Caroline's post to see who's running)  

So here's the exciting part!  You can join me and the Tampa Bay Bloggers for the Iron Girl Clearwater 5K or Half Marathon!


Date:                           Sunday, April 14, 2013
Location:                     Coachman Park
Entry fees:                   1/2 Marathon Race
Women's Individual
$95.00 until April 10
$105.00 race week and expo
(you must be 14 years old to participate in the 1/2 marathon)

5K Race
Women's Individual
$35.00 until April 10
$45.00 race week and expo

5K Race Team
Mother Daughter 2-person teams
$70.00 until April 10
$90.00 race week and expo


If that's not enough to make you run out and sign up, here's something to sweeten the deal a little:  10% off registration using the code TBBLOGGERS13 until February 28th.  Just click here to register.

Don't forget to like Iron Girl's facebook page and follow them on Twitter @TheIronGirl.  We'll be using the hash tag #IronGirlTBB if you want to keep tabs on our training and race talk!

Come out and run with me!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh!! I didn't know that the shirts looked like that! So cute! I can't wait to get that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the 5K and can't wait! The gear looks awesome too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like an awesome event! I wish they would come to Chicago!

    ReplyDelete