Monday, June 10, 2013

The Hubs's Father's Day Gift

The Hubs has asked for one thing for the past 6 years for Father's Day or his birthday....a day to himself.  A day where I would take the kids and go do something from sunrise to sunset.  And I know this isn't because he doesn't want us around. Every so often, we just want to relish in the silence. Not be caught up in the craziness that is our house on most days.  And I never give it to him. Until this year.
This Father's Day, he'll get his wish, for half the day.  I'm taking the kids to The Great Father's Day Race. I had a blast at the Great Mother's Day race last month so I was more than excited when I was given the opportunity to participate in the Father's Day part of the series!  I decided to take the kids with me this time around.  I'll be struggling for 3.1 miles pushing the jogging stroller.  I don't know if I'll be able to run the entire time with them but I'm looking forward to spending the morning with my kids knowing that their Daddy is having a few peaceful hours. 

The official course map
The Great Father's Day Race will take place at Al Lopez Park in Tampa on Sunday, June 16th at 9am. Packet pick up will begin at 8am and includes a Dri Fit shirt (I hope it's like the shirt from GMDR...I love that one!!!!)  There will  be chip timing and awards for top finishers (I will not be one of those top finishers) There will be plenty of snacks and water and fun on race day!!! I know I won't be the only one with a stroller so pack the kids up and head out for a morning of fun, fitness, family, and fathers!!!!  I also know it will be a great event because the race directors are awesome!  They really want to make this a successful race series and I'm glad that I can be a part of helping this happen!

Come on out and let's celebrate Fatherhood!!!!

Sign up here and run with us!!!

I was provided a race entry in return for promoting this event.  All opinions are my own.  I truly love the message behind this race series and I'm glad to be a part of it!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great gift for your hubby, and something fun for you three to do together! Win, win. :)

    ReplyDelete